· Research and advice to veterans who wish to handle their own claims
· Assistance to veterans who are filing original claims for compensation and/or
pension with the Department of Veterans Affairs and assistance in completing the
required V.A. forms on behalf of the claimant.
· Assistance in reopening claims for service-connected disabilities and assistance with
completion of the required V.A. forms.
· Assistance with follow up on status of claims filed by veterans with the
V.A. Regional Office.
· Assistance in filing notice of Disagreement with the V.A. Regional Office if a veteran
believes the decision made by the V.A. is incorrect.
· Assistance with the review of statements of the case from the V.A. regarding denials
of claim and assistance to the veteran with the preparation of responses.
· Assistance to veterans or surviving spouses with the preparation of appeals for
denial of claims and assistance in filing the appeals with the local V.A. Regional Office
for forwarding to the Board of Veterans Appeals in Washington, D.C.
· Assistance with the completion of V.A. Forms other than for original claims.
· Assistance with answering/researching telephone inquiries regarding medical,
death/burial and other miscellaneous benefits.